When you’re experiencing an allergic reaction from your deodorant, your first priority might be symptom relief. An over-the-counter topical antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), can be applied to soothe burning, itching skin.
What can I use as an alternative to deodorant?
Tested: The Best Natural Deodorant Alternatives
- Witch Hazel. Witch hazel is a natural astringent distilled from the witch hazel shrub. …
- Baking Soda. …
- Coconut Oil. …
- Baking Soda + Coconut Oil. …
- Shaving Armpits. …
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
What ingredient in deodorant causes rash?
Aluminum. Aluminum-based compounds are the most widely used active antiperspirant ingredient because they temporarily stop moisture flow to the skin by plugging sweat ducts. But aluminum in antiperspirants can irritate some people’s skin.
What is a good hypoallergenic deodorant?
Hypoallergenic deodorants and antiperspirants include:
- Almay Hypo-Allergenic Fragrance-Free Roll On (deodorant and antiperspirant)
- Mitchum Roll-On Unscented (deodorant and antiperspirant)
- Stiefel B-Drier (deodorant and antiperspirant)
- Certain Dri (antiperspirant)
What is a natural remedy for deodorant rash?
Skelsey says that these reactions will usually go away on their own after a few days once you stop using the product. She adds that applying a hydrocortisone cream to the area may help the rash resolve faster, but if things don’t start to improve, talk to your dermatologist.
What is the best homemade deodorant?
Create your own deodorant
- 1/3 cup coconut oil.
- 1/4 cup baking soda.
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch.
- 6 to 10 drops of essential oils, if desired.
How can I stop my armpits from smelling naturally?
Since body odor (B.O.) is pretty natural and only gets stronger as the day wears on, the best you can do is try natural cures to score fresh-smelling armpits.
Home Remedies For Smelly Armpits
- Apple Cider Vinegar. …
- Potato. …
- Potato. …
- Aloe Vera. …
- Baking Soda. …
- Tea Tree Oil. …
- Epsom Salt. …
- Lemon Juice.
How do you heal an irritated armpit?
In addition to removing irritants, armpit rashes can be soothed by:
- taking a warm (but not hot) bath with colloidal oatmeal.
- using over-the-counter anti-itch creams.
- lathering up with unscented moisturizers in the case of dry skin and eczema.
- using cool compresses.
Why am I suddenly allergic to my deodorant?
A deodorant intolerance is an irritation typically caused by ingredients such as alcohol. Both deodorants and antiperspirants may contain these ingredients and so both can potentially trigger a deodorant allergy or intolerance. Some skin is particularly prone to irritation.
What is the best deodorant for sensitive skin?
Answer: Keep reading, because we found the best deodorants for sensitive skin.
- Best Overall: Dove Advanced Care Sensitive Antiperspirant Deodorant. …
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant in Geranium Flower. …
- Best Natural: Nécessaire The Deodorant. …
- Best Scent: Megababe Rosy Pits Daily Deodorant.
What deodorant do dermatologists recommend?
The Best Deodorants and Antiperspirants for Sensitive Skin, According to Dermatologists
- 1/7. DermaDoctor Total Nonscents Ultra-Gentle Brightening Antiperspirant. This roll-on, easy-to-use antiperspirant blocks out sweat minus the irritation, says our tester. …
- 2/7. Almay Sensitive Skin Clear Gel, Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant.
How do you detox your armpits?
Most armpit detoxes use a homemade mask of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar. Some also include water to dilute the vinegar. Others use equal parts bentonite clay and coconut oil for a more soothing, hydrating mix that still has some antibacterial properties, thanks to the coconut oil.
Why is deodorant bad for you?
Some say antiperspirants are harmful. Many others say they do not cause cancer. “There is no convincing evidence that antiperspirant or deodorant use increases cancer risk,” Ted S. Gansler of the American Cancer Society told WebMD.
Does apple cider vinegar help rashes?
Whether it’s a diaper rash or a skin rash, the acetic acid properties of apple cider vinegar can inhibit the growth of a particular yeast called candida. Pour some apple cider vinegar into your child’s next bath, which is especially a great help for babies with diaper rash.
What deodorant won’t give me a rash?
Almay Clear Gel, Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant, Fragrance Free. “It’s the only deodorant that doesn’t break me out into an itchy rash,” exclaimed one friend when we asked her to name her go-to stick recently (at a dinner party, no less).
Why is baking soda in deodorant bad?
When you use baking soda in a deodorant a chemical reaction occurs between your slightly acidic skin and the very alkaline baking soda. During this reaction, the natural acid mantle and moisture barrier are damaged. Over time this damage leaves your skin more vulnerable to infections, pollution, and sun exposure.