Antihistamines can help relieve sneezing, itching, a runny nose and watery eyes. Examples of oral antihistamines include loratadine (Claritin, Alavert), cetirizine (Zyrtec Allergy) and fexofenadine (Allegra Allergy).
Which allergy medicine works best?
If your allergies only appear sporadically – say when pollen count is high or you have that random encounter with your friend’s cat – fast-acting antihistamines will be your best bet. These include medications like Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Claritin (loratidine), Allegra (fexofenadine), and Zyrtec (cetirizine).7 мая 2018 г.
What is the best over the counter medicine for seasonal allergies?
The best over-the-counter drugs for most symptoms:
The first line of defense for congestion, runny nose and sneezing is to take one of the newer, less sedating antihistamines: Cetirizine (Zyrtec), fexofenadine (Allegra) and loratadine (Claritin or Alavert).
What is the best allergy medicine for pollen?
Recommended treatment for pollen allergies includes: over-the-counter and prescription antihistamines such as Allegra, Benadryl, or Clarinex; decongestants like Sudafed; nasal steroids like Beconase, Flonase, or Veramyst; and drugs that combine antihistamines and decongestants like Allegra-D, Claritin-D, or Zyrtec-D.
Which antihistamine is best for indoor allergies?
Claritin and Zyrtec are popular over-the-counter antihistamines. Doctors consider them safe and effective treatments for minor allergies. Both are second-generation antihistamines. These cause less drowsiness than first-generation antihistamines.
How do you stop allergies immediately?
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms: 6 Ways to Prevent or Treat Them
- Clean out your nose. …
- Try an over-the-counter allergy medicine. …
- Consider a prescription nasal spray or eye drops. …
- Decongestants may also help relieve nasal congestion. …
- Close your windows, and turn on the air conditioning. …
- If things get bad, try allergy shots, also known as allergy immunotherapy.
1 мая 2009 г.
What can I take for severe allergies?
- Oral antihistamines. Antihistamines can help relieve sneezing, itching, a runny nose and watery eyes. …
- Decongestants. Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine (Sudafed, Afrinol, others) can provide temporary relief from nasal stuffiness. …
- Nasal spray. …
- Combination medications.
What do doctors prescribe for seasonal allergies?
Pills and liquids
- Cetirizine (Zyrtec, Zyrtec Allergy)
- Desloratadine (Clarinex)
- Fexofenadine (Allegra, Allegra Allergy)
- Levocetirizine (Xyzal, Xyzal Allergy)
- Loratadine (Alavert, Claritin)
1 мая 2020 г.
Does Benadryl help with seasonal allergies?
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride) are antihistamines used to treat allergic symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis (sneezing, runny nose, itchy or watery eyes), and hives. Benadryl is also used to treat insomnia, motion sickness, and mild cases of Parkinsonism.
Which OTC antihistamine is best?
- Best Overall: Allegra Adult 24-Hour Allergy Relief. …
- Best Prescription-Strength: Zyrtec Prescription-Strength Allergy Medicine Tablets. …
- Best for Kids: Children’s Zyrtec Allergy Relief Syrup. …
- Best Non-Drowsy: Claritin 24-Hour Allergy Reditabs. …
- Best All-Day Relief: GoodSense All Day Allergy.
3 дня назад
What is the fastest way to get rid of pollen allergies?
Treatments for pollen allergies include:
- Over-the-counter antihistamine medications, such as cetirizine (Zyrtec) or loratadine (Claritin). …
- Immunotherapy tablets or shots to desensitize the body to pollen.
- Nasal sprays designed to relieve the itching and congestion.
What foods to avoid with pollen allergies?
The foods that are typically responsible for causing pollen allergy symptoms to arise include a small percentage of nuts and seeds, fresh fruits, and raw or undercooked vegetables.
Which is better Zyrtec or Allegra?
Both drugs were found to be equally effective in treating allergy symptoms, and Allegra was found to cause less drowsiness than Zyrtec. Another study showed that Zyrtec was more effective than Allegra, and that side effects were similar.
What is the best allergy medicine for itchy throat?
Treatments for allergy or cold symptoms
These products may help improve certain symptoms, including an itchy throat or itchy ears. Shop for them online: antihistamines: diphenhydramine (Benadryl), loratadine (Claritin), cetirizine (Zyrtec), or fexofenadine (Allegra)
What is the best allergy medicine for sinus drainage?
If severe nasal congestion is your worst symptom, a decongestant may be your best choice. Decongestants cut down on the increased fluid production in your nose caused by allergies, which relieves swollen nasal passages and congestion.
Decongestants combined with an antihistamine:
- Allegra – D.
- Clarinex – D.
- Claritin – D.
What’s the best allergy medicine for stuffy nose?
- Cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton)
- Clemastine (Tavist)
- Desloratadine (Clarinex)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Fexofenadine (Allegra)
- Loratadine (Claritin)